Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Making a comeback…

Yes, it’s true…I’ve been making a comeback into the running world! It’s been a slow process, but dare I say…I’m not as bad off as I feared I would be! How did that happen?

The one thing that haunts me every time I run is the heat and humidity. I’m adjusting fairly well, but it’s still a killer!


We haven’t had any major problems dealing with the heat and humidity, though! After a scorching hot run, we simply take a walk through the fountain to cool off! It’s a nice way to refresh! Ahhh the fountain memories…. :0)


My husband also recently took up an interest in running! His work schedule is hard to predict which makes it hard to go for a run sometimes, but we manage! He even jumped on the treadmill a few times before working his night time schedule! I have to say that I’m very proud of him! When he works a day schedule, he usually doesn’t get home until 6:30 or 7 p.m. so most of our outdoor runs happen in the late afternoon. I’m fine with running in the evenings because after the sun goes down, things tend to cool off!


Among other things, I’ve been foam rolling the mess out of my legs. No, that’s not me – that’s my beast mode running friend Heather and we make a good team if I say so myself! We are both competitive, just not against each other, and we push each other to run our best. We each have a personal goal set for Half Marathon season this year, so we are both crossing our fingers and hoping it goes well!


There I am! I ran in Mizunos for the first time this week! I have more to report on my new Mizunos in a few days so stay tuned!! :0)  I LOVE my new shoes! Saturday’s run was definitely a #brilliantrun thanks to them!

I still wear a knee brace because it helps my knee feel more secure. I might be a little paranoid and yes, that knee brace might just be my security blanket but if it helps me feel comfortable, then I’m all for it!

We began Saturday’s 5 mile run nice and slow like always. We ran most of the first half of the route and when we felt like we were going to pass out from humidity stroke, we walked. (I vote that humidity stroke should be an actual medical term.) After reaching mile 4, I have no idea what came over Heather and I, but we decided to beast mode it and see how fast we could run the last mile. I was DYING by the time I reached the trailer. I felt as if I was going to throw up. I NEEDED that. I haven’t run like that in a long long time.

We kept telling each other, just a little bit longer – the trailer is right there! We so got this!!

My IT band actually behaved during my run (yay!) and I have to say that yesterday’s 5 mile run was my best run since starting back.


After our run, we decided to treat ourselves to breakfast! Kelli apparently likes syrup a little too much and drizzled decided to drown her eggs in that sweet sticky goodness!


Overall, I’m feeling good and my IT band is behaving (crossing fingers). I’m a little worried to see how it does on a really long run, but I need to quit making myself crazy by thinking about it. After running hard on Saturday and fully seeing my body’s potential, I realized that I might just be able to do this after all…….and that my friends, is a fabulous feeling! :0)


  1. The new Mizunos look great! That's quite a breakfast-yummy!

  2. Glad you are back at it! Can't wait to hear more about your runs!

  3. You are making an awesome comeback! I am very proud of all the work you are putting in to your running! Hey can you change my web address on your blog roll. It has my old one from here vs. my new one on wordpress. Thank you! Have an amazing day!


Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...