My very first giveaway! I’m so excited! In the past, I’ve hosted raffles for my DetermiNation fundraising, but I’ve never actually hosted a giveaway!
I was contacted by Everyday Health to review/giveaway a few copies of their My Calorie Counter Guide! I was VERY happy to oblige (incase you haven’t seen my latest blog posts), because I’m following my eating habits VERY closely and paying attention to how many calories are in my foods.
I first became involved in Everyday Health’s website a while back through Jillian Michaels newsletter – she sends out weekly emails with advice, recipes, etc. Since then, Every Day Health has been a big part of my health/wellness online searches! They also have a calorie counting online tracker as well as calorie tracker apps for your smart phone!
According to their website,
EverydayHealth.com is a leading provider of online health information. We're here to help you manage your own and your family's conditions and overall well-being through personalized advice, tools, and communities. We're committed to bringing you the most credible and relevant health information available online, and to giving you the best possible user experience. Our information is easy to understand and incorporate into your life every day. There's much to explore on EverydayHealth.com, including:
- More than 100 health centers loaded with in-depth, original information on the diagnosis, management, and prevention of diseases and conditions, as well as information on how to live a full, healthy life. Meet the Everyday Health staff, as well as the contributing writers and editors and medical reviewers.
- Helpful questions and answers from our board-certified experts at top-tier institutions such as Harvard Medical School, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center, and more. Meet the Everyday Health experts.
- Thriving communities of individuals just like you, who are managing or caring for others with a range of conditions and health concerns. Visit our Support Groups.
- Interactive features including webcasts, videos, photo galleries, tools, trackers, and blogs to help you take a hands-on approach to managing your condition or improving your general health. Check out our tools page.
- Thousands of recipes to help you cook healthier every day.
Personally, I love this little book! It’s small, it fits in my purse (I carry it everywhere with me!) and it’s in COLOR!!! :0)
Inside, you’ll find calorie guides for not only common foods and store brands, but also for restaurants!
My dad called last week and asked if I wanted to eat lunch at Quiznos with him. I took that opportunity to use My Calorie Counter Guide for the first time!
The only thing I didn’t like about the guide is that they only have partial menus available. I know they can’t fit EVERY single menu item for EVERY single restaurant in the book and I understand that – it wasn’t a huge deal, however. I ordered a choose 2 – a turkey sandwich and a salad. The sandwich was in the book, the salad was not. I opened up my Everyday Health iPhone Calorie Counter and figured out the calorie count of the salad from there – no biggie!
I was frustrated with myself about one thing – the sandwich was on WHITE bread! How did I miss that? I was too busy looking for total calories amounts that I forgot to look at the ingredients of the sandwich. Ugh. At least I knew to tell them no cheese – hah!
Even with my little mishap, the food was delicious! I’ll definitely go back to Quiznos and I’ll definitely use my Everyday Health Calorie Guide again!! :0)
Thanks to Everyday Health for this opportunity!
Everyday Health has offered to give not one, not two, not three, but FOUR My Calorie Counter Guides away to you guys!!
Here’s how you can enter:
1.) Become a follower of my blog (or if you follow it already, comment and let me know).
2.) Like Everyday Health on Facebook.
3.) Follow me on twitter.
4.) Follow Everyday Health on Twitter.
5.) Spread the word about this giveaway! Post it on your blog, as a facebook or twitter comment, etc. You get one entry time you post about the giveaway.
6.) Tell me why you would like your very own copy of My Calorie Counter Guide!
Leave a comment for each action above – that’s at least six possible entries per person!!
Don’t forget, FOUR lucky readers will win a copy of this Guide!
Good luck! The contest ends one week from today – Sunday, July 10, 2011!