Your running bag, that is!
I ran 10 miles with a friend on Saturday and as I was preparing for my run, I came to a realization about my running bag…
It’s time has come to an end.
This bag has been with me from the very beginning – I bought it in 2009 when I first started my running journey. It’s travelled to multiple races and events and it’s carried all of my
junk essential race items every step of the way!
R.I.P. Pink GoRun bag.
I organized my closet this weekend and stumbled across this little gem…
I won this bag from a race a few years back and forgot about it. Hello new running bag! :0)
So, what’s in that huge pile of stuff?
In no particular order:
- iPhone case (that fits my Otterbox! Yay!)
- iPod with strap (not used as much anymore now that I have one for my iPhone)
- Ear buds
my husband wonfrom the Brooks Cavalcade at a Rock N Roll Expo
- Ryer’s (from a giveaway I won a few years back)
- Oakley’s (my husband bought them for me for my birthday the year I began running)
- GU – I prefer Gels over Chomps but that’s just my liking
- Luna Bar – sample size from an Expo
- Clif Bar – sample size from an Expo
- Lara Bar – I bought a box of mini’s from Target (did you know those were available? I didn’t!) and I like to keep a few on hand
Tracking and Carrying
Hair and Body
- Ponchos for rain emergencies
- Hand Warmers for cold races
- Hair bands/bobby pins
- Sweaty Bands (the blue Sweaty Band is Goofy specific from the WDW Expo and the Fleur de Lis Mickey/Minnie was made by a friend of mine!)
- Tissues for a runny nose
- Towel from my running group
- Hand Sanitizer
- Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad for warm days (if you’ve never tried one of these, you need to…it absorbs water and stays cool for a long time!)
- Road ID Band
- Inspirational arm bands – one from Team 413 and the other from Claim Your Journey
- Night reflector
- Supernova light
- GoRun blinking light
- Safety Pins
Knee Essentials (If I could fit my foam roller in my bag, I would!)
- Knee sleeve (looking to rid of this in the near future) :0)
- Knee brace
- Atomic Balm (Seriously AMAZING stuff!)
- Body Glide x 2
- Sunology – all natural sunblock samples from the Rock N Roll NOLA Expo
- H2O lotion from Disney Resorts
(I left off two things from this list: Essential woman items – you know what I’m talking about – and Tylenol because I used the rest of it at Rock N Roll NOLA.)
There you have it! Now tell me, what’s in YOUR running bag? Did I leave anything out that you carry from race to race?